Saturday, March 06, 2010

A level results - the aftermath

Dear Lord,
Please show me the way.

--
I'm thankful for my colleagues - mainly the perm staff - who were there to offer their support just before I left the office yesterday, and after the collection of the slip.

I'm really thankful for my current cell group; they're all very nice and encouraging about the results. I felt so crushed I thought I'd need deliverance or something. I'd still be mega depressed now if not for their prayers and encouragements and advice from their own life stories. It does help that they've been through this and can offer their own experiences and learning points to help the fresh A levelers and would-be undergraduates. Of course I"m thankful for my ex-leaders who, I believe, were praying for us too.
...

--

It just makes me wonder...

In times like this, do students turn to religion to deceive themselves in the hope of thinking that everything would be fine (somewhat like running away from reality) or because they truly believe in what their god can or would do for them? In short, is it faith that pulls them through...or are they merely psychoing themselves?

Some pray harder, make more offerings, do more good deeds, etc. I think doing these will ease their minds, make them feel better about themselves.

I can't really think coherently now, and am thus unable to generate a decent blog post/essay.

I'm not ruling out psychology as a major, though. Yay, arts/humanities/social sciences.

This feels like a test of my faith.
When I don't get my desired results, will I still continue to trust God wholeheartedly, and seek His counsel, follow the path He has laid out for me? (default answer: yes)
As of now, I can't see the future at all. It's a blur and I don't see no path. Yet.

Please be more understanding if I do not reply tags/messages/answer calls, as stated on my current MSN PM. :)

---

You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord blessed be Your name

No comments: