Thursday, March 22, 2012

Meetings and their effects

This article - Attending meetings lowers IQ, scientists say - published by TODAYonline, sparked some interest on Facebook some time back. People who disliked meetings were quick to use this to their weapon, without actually analysing the article or the original research done, the primary source. I just find it ridiculous that there are actually people who propose to abolish meetings because of this -.- Come on. How else are groups and teams going to engage in interpersonal communication???

This blog entry - Stuck on your ideas: fixation in group brainstorms - caught my eye too, while doing some online search for my Cognitive Psychology presentation. Unfortunately, I haven't exactly had the time to read through this. It's an interesting topic. I WILL READ THIS. After I have cleared all my outstanding to-dos.

No comments: