Saturday, January 31, 2009

J1s are coming

Today's mass PE was the best one yet. I hated last week's.
We had 2.4km run today :) But not around the dreaded track, it's around AC, Fairfield and Carltex. 2 rounds = 2.4km according to the teachers. I liked this one because there was shade and scenery. I only felt like giving up at the last lap but decided to push even though all that lactic acid was building up inside my muscles. Ended up running that lap with Marcus -.- Poor Claire had some foot problems. But she had the honour of running with Adam and the PE teachers. :)

It's a nice change, rather than running around the track. I would otherwise have given up at the 3rd round or something.

I missed the last bus from KAP just now. My parents came to my rescue at 12.30am. Oops.

The J1s are coming in next week. So fast! Everywhere will be crowded once again. Canteen, void deck, bleachers, toilets, coridoors... It felt good to have the campus entirely to ourselves. Morning assemblies were cozy and warm (fine, the air con brought the temperature down). Goodbye, Janurary!

College was filled with students who wished to appeal. And their parents. Principal said the cut-off point remains at 6 for science and 7 for arts. Till today, I still keep the SMS which says I've been posted to AC. I still thank God that He let me come in through merit. I have nothing to appeal through. My piano at current standards won't get me anywhere. Handbells do nothing to help. The only way in was through merit. So yeah. Easy peasy for others but one heck of a struggle for me.

AC Celebrations (aka CNY) in school last week was quite well-received. I asked, and people said CO was better this year compared to last year's, which was messy. I think the other performing groups did fantastic too, everything from strings to the malay cultural society to the dance to the finale. Finale was a joke. All the performers had to gather on stage to sing CNY songs -__- CO was scrambling for the back (unfortunately, all that was in full view of those in the balcony at that time) of the stage.

:)

No comments: