Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Things don't always turn out the way you want to

It was my first time stepping into an ICU ward. I didn't really like the feel of it, but I don't regret being there. Too many chances for me to visit Aunty Daphne at home have slipped by, and each time my family went without me, my mum said she'd ask for me. It was always the same answer, 'Joyce is out studying'. Once, my mum lied that I was studying when I was with my friends at some concert or cell bonding or some other gathering, I can't remember. It was the least I could do less than 6 hours ago, appear by the side of her bed as she lay sedated...

I love you, Aunty Daphne, we all do. I'm so sorry for not doing what I wanted to do when you were still able to walk around at home, play with your dogs, forward inspiring emails and make status comments on Facebook. Hang in there, please, I know you're strong. For Uncle CK, for your loved ones. Don't go. Please.


Note to self: always carry a packet of tissues.

No comments: