Sunday, September 06, 2009

young? in what sense?

I just remembered a remark you made last Sunday which really pissed me off. I was merely concerned about her, and you just had to say, "you're still young lah".

Excuse me, I believe I am of the same age as she is. One and a half months difference isn't very significant, is it? And if you're talking about level of maturity, I'm not going to comment on how mature I think I am, but please know that my stand on the issue of __________ity shares a zero correlation with my concern of how she is coping. Just because I have strong convictions and beliefs that make me different from the typical youth of today, this does not mean that I am made less mature as compared to the others. That is, other youths my age.

Come to think of it, I still feel mad about this. I promise you that you will have no knowledge of the details of my life from now on, besides my grades, maybe. Cos' you don't have a right to know, and why would you want to, since my life is so mundane and so much less exciting than others', right? And neither will I ask you how she's doing, I may as well go ask her myself. Or, I could put it another way - since she already has backup, all sharing the same views, I think I can take my leave and dissolve from her life or risk being viewed as nothing but a busybody. Not that I actually care about what others may think... Well maybe I do. Call me sensitive.

Urgh.


(just in case anyone's planning to comment on this post... don't do it. time heals all wounds anyway. it won't be long before mine gets healed. just feeling a bit angsty of late.)

No comments: