Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Review > LB Delray Dress (XS), Lincoln Knit Top in White and Navy (XS)

I had my first paper today, forensic psychology. Though it was an open-book paper, I could see the look of horror on everyone's faces once they announced for us to stop writing. We all had the same complaint - not enough time D: Anyways some of us went to JP for lunch, and when I came back to hall, I went to the hall office to check for my parcel. It was HUGEEE!


Ok yes hi. I look quite cui here cos I'm really tired from my paper + lunch yet excited to rip open my parcel and try the clothes as well. I can't remember when was the last time I got so excited over clothes. I'm quite impressed with LB's and SingPost's efficiency! Ordered and paid about half an hour after launch time on Monday, and received today :) Opted for normal mail.

First I tried the knit Lincoln Knit Sweaters! Got them in Navy and White in XS as I couldn't decide which I preferred. White first, with Hollyhoque's Oh My Garden Pants which I wore since this morning:


Then I tried the one in navy, paired with Steis Skirt (S) which I still can't decide whether to sell or keep :/ I really like how it looks with the Jayden Skorts! Unfortunately I couldn't try it with my skorts as I didn't bring it to hall.






I'm really in two minds now; sighhhhhh I love both tops but don't know which to keep :( Actually I like the skirt too but it kinda makes me look fat!

For this top, the shoulder area feels a little restricted for a knit top. I think I expect knit tops to be loose and oversized, but this is just nice. I love the holey knit too as it's not too warm when worn and you can still feel the wind on your skin. In cold, air-conditioned places, this top may not be sufficient to keep warm though.

Update: Decided to sell the navy off as I think I'm more drawn to the white. Selling at $32, includes the postage I paid plus what I will pay when I mail this off!  This top has been sold! 

Next, the Delray Dress! LOVE LOVE LOVE this piece!



I quite like the idea of dropwaist hems, and of course the more I was exposed to it, the more I started liking it (mere exposure effect). I did ponder over whether to get dropwaist skirts, but the sizing was difficult to choose as LB can be quite inconsistent. Or maybe I'm just getting fat. Anyway, dropwaist dresses started to pop out on Megagamie, LB (Dorea Dress!) and Ohvola, but I held my money back because they would emphasise the waist, yes, but also the TUMMY. I don't have a nice flat tummy so I was rather sad about not being suited for such dresses.

Until I saw Rachel's Instagram photo. The same design, but in prints! :D Prints can help hide the tummy!!! True enough, I was not disappointed. That pink and green patch is AT my tummy though, I hope it doesn't make it too obvious :/ Sizing wise, I bought both XS (my usual size but sometimes too snug) and S to try. XS fit perfectly. I'm loving the fit! It's sliiiightly stretchy. Since XS fit well, there wasn't a need to try size S, so I left it unopened (above).

Will be selling off size S for $36.50, non-negotiable, normal mail only as it's inconvenient for me to go to the post office during my exam period. Or meetup in NTU. Leave your email if interested! :)

Update: Thanks for reading! The dress has been sold :) :) 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

delray dress in S.

sniksnaks@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Will you be selling your white Steis Skirt?