Tuesday, April 15, 2008

REW 2008

Amazing grace
How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now I'm found
Was blind, but now I see

'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed

My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy reigns
Unending love, Amazing grace

The Lord has promised good to me
His word my hope secures
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures

The earth shall soon dissolve like snow
The sun forbear to shine
But God, Who called me here below
Will be forever mine
Will be forever mine
You are forever mine

--

This is beautiful..it has been modified by Chris Tomlin? A modern version of Amazing Grace which speaks of, well, God's Amazing Grace!

Thanks preez, xiying, WH, hweeyee, melody, I'm FINE!! Love you girls =D I won't be downcast for too long lol

My absence from MSN, Facebook, Friendster, blogs can be explained by the hectic lifestyle of a JC student. It's double that when you're an ACSian. *sweat* Tutorials are one thing, projects are another, clumps of scheduled tests are the worst. There's H2 Bio, H1 GP and Chinese tests this Thursday. My 2nd PI draft is due this Thursday. I have math tuition this Thursday. I also happen to have CCA the day before which gives me less time to prepare.

By the time I reach home, I feel so void of all energy, like all the ATP has been used up in respiration. The only thing I'd wanna do is plop onto the sofa and take a good nap. Ok, that's what I've been doing. But I'm determined to NOT do that. I wanna hurry up and gobble up my dinner, then bathe and STUDYYY!!! And play erhu. Trust me, time is a scarce resource, it is never enough. I don't have time to come online at all. Amazing, how I used to be able to spend HOURS on the computer and now I hardly use it. Even if I do, it's only for a few minutes. Just thought I should update now.

Let's see...
I was sent for detention class (DC) today. Long story, I really don't want to repeat it. Just ask my classmates.
So basically for DC we report at the library at 4.30pm and sit there till 6pm to do self-study, no sleeping/eating/using hp or mp3/going toilet ... ... But not today. This sir came up to say he needed manpower for the sports heats so the whole lot of us went to the bleachers (track area) to serve our DC. Interesting right. And it so happened that the DC crowd for the day was unusually large. The whole thing ended an hour later, at 7pm cos' it poured halfway and it was impossible to continue with the events. I was time-keeper for lane 7 -.-
The best thing about this DC is that WE CLOCK IN CIP HOURS HAHAHAHA SERVE DC ALSO CAN GET CIP HOURS. Best.

I don't want to get too many DCs though. 3 DCs = 1 demerit point. Poor Irvin got 2 demerit points for helping his friend tap the attendance card...

Yea I know my post is so jumbled up but who cares. I'll now move on to the REW in AC.
Unlike PL, REW here is like only ONE day. Whatever happened to Religious Emphasis Week? Back in PL it's spread over 3 or 4 days. Anyway...

Everything just fit so perfectly. Everything from the worship to Dr Philip Huan's message titled What Does the Future Hold for Me?

I always say that life is full of uncertainties, you'll never know what's ahead. The future? Uncertain. And each time I just don't know how to move on and progress. I worry about stuff unnecessarily even though I know my future's in His hands. Many times I feel so lost and alone, without knowing how to proceed. Things also always happen at the wrong time, I seem to get myself into trouble all the time.

Worry... why? Why put myself through all that anxiety? (unable to complete revision or homework is another thing altogether, I'd be abnormal if I don't worry about late submission or tests)
So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:31-33
To put it simply, God will provide us with what we need. His plan and resources will come when it's time. We just have to ask and acknowledge it. But ask is not enough, we have to listen as well. Listen to God's voice for directions.

Before they call I will answer;
while they are still speaking I will hear. Isaiah 54:24

Nothing can separate us from the love of God.. Always remember how God sees us. Our gifts are already His, He gave them to us in the first place.

So they went away by themselves in a boat to a solitary place. But many who saw them leaving recognized them and ran on foot from all the towns and got there ahead of them. When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd. So he began teaching them many things. Mark 6:32-34

Sounds familiar... sheep without a shepherd. We're not meant to live life without guidance. God never intended for us to handle stress all alone. All we have to do is say "yes" to Him, adn wait for doors of opportunities to open though only one out of that many doors will be the right one. It's about choosing God's plan rather than our own or our parents'.

(there's supposed to be more but i fell asleep)

No comments: