Saturday, October 04, 2008

One more paper to the end of promos

(don't expect you to read. long post ahead. blogged for memories' sake.)

God has been very real to me during the promos, especially for the econs and Chinese papers...

I asked for peace, and He gave.
Usually, I'll get really anxious before papers. This time, however, I was so relaxed till it got to the point where I'd start to worry about why I was so calm -.- Haha, you get the point.

Last Sunday, I spent the entire afternoon and early evening revising bio. I only started on econs at around 9.30pm. It was hard to focus, especially since a friend of mine suddenly came into macs (I was studying there) looking troubled. Yes, I was concerned, but I had to fix my mind on econs as well. So I prayed... prayed for wisdom, to study the right thing and to make full use of whatever time I had left.

That night I kept staring at the back portion of my market failure notes. I just felt that I had to read through them. PLUS it was the first time I was reading that part of the notes. I made my own notes by summarising whatever I read onto a piece of paper. Tradable permits, Kyoto Protocol, controls of monopoly... I got some doubts (natural monopoly and government-controlled private monopoly - wait a min. it sounds odd) clarified with my friends who were there. I recalled the hints that my econs teacher gave during tutorials, and decided that demand and supply wouldn't come up as an essay question alone, it's meant to be applied. I read up a lil' on market structure, since I didn't exactly go through that topic at all.

The econs paper was almost a breeze. Cos' everything I covered slightly more than twelve hours before the paper was being tested. I couldn't believe it. Needless to say, I did the market failure essay question.. It was as if God Himself was telling me specifically what was going to be tested for the promos! Amazing? Definitely!


As for the Chinese paper...
I'm proud to say that it was the FIRST TIME

- I understood whatever I was reading (ok, almost everything. there were still parts that put question marks floating above my head)

- I completed the entire 3-hour plus paper without excessive rushing.
Usually, I'll scribble my way through the last compre passage. This time I had better time management..

- I was actually so awake for a CHINESE paper!
I mean, the tests are usually during curriculum time or after school.. as in the case of the mock exam... and I always find myself either nodding off or reading a blurred mass of characters.

I know for sure that this supernatural strength (which I had requested for) is definitely from God. It was not from myself. I mean, look at what time I sleep..... people say, you don't sleep early, you won't have the energy to do the paper. I know it's true. How then would you explain that energy boost (esp for this paper) even though I have less than 5 hours of sleep everyday?

On Monday, the day before the Chinese paper, I zzz-ed right after I got home. It was a refreshing nap, I'd say. I went to some nearby void deck to TRY to study. I say TRY because there were 3 guys at another table, and man, they were vulgar! Then duh, I got very disturbed. I tried listening to the radio and was unable to do any productive studying for the rest of the night. lol. I only read one 课文,这里真安静, and one page of 爸爸的花儿落了。What came out for the paper was from zhelizhenanjing, the passage which I glossed through during the unproductive revision. Well, at least it was from that 课文!

I'll prove the laoshi wrong. You wait.

I speak of how smoothly some papers went. They did indeed, but whether or not I answered them correctly...
is another thing altogether...

From Philippians 4:13; 4:6-7 respectively (NIV):

I can do everything through him who gives me strength

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.


Tell me, how true is that? =)
_____

I speak as if it's the end of promos.
After the Chinese paper, Claire Amelia and myself went to Tiong Bahru to lunch, walk around, look for more food, ... we acted as though it was the end of promos.

Fact is, it isn't. I still have bio science practical assessment (SPA) the coming Monday.

While there are people around me who rejoice over the end of their promos, I sulk am reminded that this isn't the end for me. Yet. I'm not losing the momentum, I'm not! It's so tempting to loosen the strings now that there's just one 'paper' left.

I've come a long way. So have others.
I don't want to regret for the rest of 2009. I need the SPA marks badly.

If there's something else I can dance about, it's the fact that this college made us submit our final EoMs and WRs long before the promos (as in the case for the former). We have one less thing to fret over =)

Seriously, now that I think of it, there's no such thing as "it's over", or "the end". If I think short-term, there's college open house right after promos, I have to finalise the concert ticketing stuff, there's Chinese A's, oral presentation for PW, preparations for the year-end concert and next year's SYF, then a whole year starts again right till A levels. (if i promote) If I think long-term, then it'll be university matters (if my A level grades are good enough), uni itself (if i make it) and on to the working world. Then I'll be faced with the responsibilities of a young adult. and so on.
_____

After geog today (yesterday, rather) I went to BK at Holland V for lunch with Ang Ren and Tong, followed by Macs ad S'pore Poly before returning to school for the math paper.

I managed to do some math questions, yes... but still felt that the time could have been used more wisely by remaining in school instead of going out! Goodness. What have I done. They're the ones who don't need the revision, I do!

No comments: