Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Just two Sundays ago, I saw my grandma in church, still able to interact with people around her, and able to walk with some help. That was the last time I saw her (relatively) healthy.

Last Saturday, in the wee hours of the morning, she was sent to the hospital as she was in extreme pain and had difficulty breathing. Each time I went to visit her, her condition seemed to deteriorate, and I cannot help but feel more helpless and afraid.  She was still fine on Sunday and Monday night, able to hold my hand, see me and acknowledge my presence in the ward. She could still talk a little. Last night when I went back again, well, I couldn't recognise my grandma at all. She was just... so disoriented, semi-conscious, I doubt she even knew who was at her bed side.

I admit, I have often thought of what would happen if my grandma were to end up like this, I knew that one day she would have to leave me, leave all of us. But I never thought it would be THAT soon.

I really don't know what to do.

No comments: