Friday, June 08, 2007

Rehearsal @ ACSBR

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY JACELYN!
You're still my church bestie, nevermind that we can't make it for church camp this year.
We will next year! yeah man.

Okok. I'm lazy to reply testimonials and tags. Eh wait, there's no more tstmnls. The big C word replaced them.
Comments.

YESTERDAY.

Went for lunch with some of the music girls at the hawker centre outside heartland mall.
XY Genesis and I wanted to eat from the "black bowl stall".
But XY's black bowl stall is the one behind. haha.
Mine and Gen's is the front one. (sounds wrong)

This is scary ok, our similarities. She can be my new eating partner, or more specifically, laksa partner.
  • We like oysters and cockles
  • We eat laksa without chilli
  • ... without tau pok
  • ... with cockles!
And yesterday we each paid for the laksa using a $2 plastic note and a 2006 $1 coin!

Some seniors came back to help + visit us! =D
Fine la WY, it was fun. Oh well at least the practice for Amazing Grace was.
Hahahah Dez the 1 &&& 2&&& 3&&&, the bar 91.
Everytime reach that bar then we'll mess up. I wanna laugh leh.

TODAY

I overslept.
Funny, cos' I oversleep for a 10am lesson and make it on time for an 8am one.
So yes. I missed geog.

Thank you Lim Xi for helping us buy lunch! =)

The rehearsal with ACS(BR)'s Chinese Orchestra (CO) was... ok.
Weird at first, but after we warmed up, it was fine.
Even fun. Why didn't I bring my camera?!

At first the conductor set the speed at a snail's pace, damn slow and well a bit hard to follow cos' we practiced at a faster speed in school. Like funeral like that.
Plus people always say, Amazing Grace is a funeral song my gosh.
So duh, we rushed la.
But during the break he went to listen to some recording and then sped up the piece.
Which was much much better! hahaha except for the 1&&& 2&&& 3&&& part, the semiquavers.
Though I must say we improved. Yay!

And this conductor is VERY VERY patient, which is a good thing cos' you know... Mr Fong doesn't conduct the normal way.
So alot of the PL ringers did not understand his conducting and were huh-ing away.
And he didn't show any sign of irritation.
But it was ok wad!!! I mean, it's just 1 2 3 1 2 3 in out up, standard, draw triangle.
Very hard meh.
Maybe it's because I always watch people conducting.

This is sohcool, the conductor is Tania's friend! (yes Filch, pun intended)

We got a little high playing a chimeless CLTCL.
The feeling is different, with/without an audience.
On a stage/in a small room.
In my opinion... I can carry out the mood and character of pieces/songs better on a stage leh. But only in an ensemble.

Everything's coming so fast.......
Japan in a few more days! I'm excited yet I don't want that day to come cos' it means it'll be over very soon. Oh well. All good things must come to an end.
I don't mind pen-pals though.
(is that how it's spelt??)

No comments: