Thursday, January 24, 2008

2007 GCE 'O' Level Results

It's a miracle.

Seriously.

All glory goes to God because I couldn't have done it without Him.
It's not about being humble or modest or anything...
He has poured forth His blessings on me, it's so much, it overflows.

The PL teachers really cared for us and put their heart and soul into helping us with the O's.

So much for all that crying before the release of the results. Haha =)

---------------------

A lot of people gave school a skip today. 1S27's class attendance was only 4. Sad case!
Our class wasn't too bad, 12 people turned up. HAHAH.
The girls even wanted to pon GP! But we didn't la, we were deliberately late for class by walking past the classroom where Jolene's crush was at -.- She kept making me look in to see where he was sitting at. But the first person I noticed was our OGL? Cos' his orange spectacles made him easy to spot (another -.- face now)
When we finally walked into the GP venue, one of the guys said they covered up for us girls by telling the teacher that only 4 turned up today. lol? We didn't get scolded by the teacher =)

Then most of the PL lites in SRJC gathered to take a photo and proceeded to heartland mall for lunch. It was like, wah PL reunion at the mall. There were so many '07 sec 4s.
Lunch was at KFC with the 4B1 and 4B2 people ( i was the extra 4c2 but they didn't seem to mind)

PL canteen.
We sat around there, waiting for time to pass...
Then Mrs Lee announced the different percentages over the PA system..
MSG is 13.4, 94% qualified for JC, 100% qualified for poly. That's for sec 4 express.
She went on to talk about the value-added subjects, how e maths wasn't well done. I didn't hear her say the part that the sec 5 normal girls were the ones who didn't do well for maths.
At that time, I was already fighting back my tears.
What if I was part of the 6% which didn't meet the JC criteria? I was damn scared la.
The whole school then sang To God be the Glory from all their different locations.
Immediately after that I dunno why I let fear grip me and I kept thinking about the worst... keep crying sia. Many thanks to the friends who tried to console me, especially Xi Ying!!!

Outside the hall.
My mind was blank. I didn't know what to expect. Time seemed to crawl.

Inside the hall.
Mrs Lee showed us the statistics, and she was smiling as she talked.
Well basically all the teachers were overjoyed. =D
The form teachers started releasing the results at around 2.30pm.
My index number was 19, so I had to wait. And wait.
There were butterflies in my stomach, so many, I felt queasy from all that suspense.
When it was my turn, Mrs Ong showed me the wrong result slip -.- At first I saw 6 As and 1 B, then I screamed.. and she realised it was the wrong slip. Then Mrs Ong took out my result slip.
like,
oh
my
gosh
I shouted for joy again upon seeing the grades. And then my eyes became red and I felt the tears making their way out of the tear glands, out of my eyes. An involuntary action!! It felt great, as if I had just won some lucky draw. Hmm actually it was way better than that!
Then there was a lot of commotion among my classmates who were waiting to see my reaction. Hahah.

Well 4C2 '07, WE DID WELL!!!! Mrs Ong is proud of us =)

I hugged and got hugged by many PL lites today, so many that I've lost count. lol
Today was like some crying day, I have no idea why I cried so much. In the end it's like, worry for nothing.

My parents were over the moon... my mum even SMSed me to say she couldn't concentrate on her work -.-

Phone calls and SMSes kept coming in, all asked the same question. Results.

Charmaine, Hilary, Jia Yan and I stayed back in school to eat and talk..
Then Char left and we went to look for Ms Tan before moving off. She wasn't there, so we talked to Ms Kok instead. My favourite maths teacher! (Never do homework, sit outside the class. Still must copy the homework 7 times)

I left my wallet on the bus and these 2 very kindly alighted at Kovan, waited for me to walk over to get it from them. I am SO grateful!! Or I'd be wallet-less. Thank God for JY and Hil!
Yes I know, my bad. I keep dropping things. Wallet some more.

While walking back to heartland mall via the MRT station, I bumped into Yi Zhi. He's like the first senior I poured out my joy to, face to face! I was still very high then so yeah. If I remember correctly, he said he had 16 for prelim and 14 for O levels so he stayed in SR. He also asked me to take KI (knowledge and inquiry), this guy is crazy.

Back to the same question.
POLY OR JC?!?!?!?! I think I'll be able to make it to university via both routes.
TP, NP, ACJC, SAJC, CJC or SRJC? Oh no. I thought I won't do very well so I had plans to remain in SR. But God blessed me with something I did not expect at all...
Ms Tan even SMSed to say she's proud of me lol. This is one wordy post.

Aaaah God help me again!

No comments: