Thursday, January 03, 2008

JC orientation

Day 1 of the orientation was like ???
XY and I alighted from 113 outside the college and what greeted us was a colourful sight.
As expected.
A HUGE group of different sec school students waiting for their friends.

All the 'freshmen' (as they call us) gathered at the hall, which was a moment of awkwardness for one and all..
IT WAS SO QUIET, NOBODY WAS TALKING.
A sharp contrast to PLMGSS.
I was talking to Clara (PL) and Yeo Mei (cell grp) in my group in hushed tones, then I gave up.
Because apart from the OGLs at the front, nobody else talked. Everyone simply stared at the councilors and OGLs with blank looks.

According to the principal, SR's cut-off point (COP) was 19 for the PAE intake for both arts and science courses. Average was 16.5 omg.
Improvement leh. Those who had 20 points without CCA points got in through appeals.
Yeah, people actually appeal to SRJC. Surprise, surprise!
They're not THAT bad la.

Side track...
I really treasured 2007, as my last year in PL...
I sang the school anthem even though nobody else around me was singing. (last year leh)
This school has a special place in my heart. I love everything about it from the culture to the teachers to the food to the friendships forged.
By "culture" I mean the morning devotions and singspirations.. When I could have some personal time with God as Mr Tang used to tell us to have a minute of silence for individual prayers.
Here it's just "college at attention, the national anthem. ... the pledge. ... College at ease, please take a seat." No more "lets pray". It's a blessing to be in PL. Classes of 2008, do treasure every moment of your time spent in PL!

The principal and teachers in SR kept scaring us by emphasizing on the hectic life of a JC student and how breaks in between lectures and tutorials were not time for us to relax, but time for catching up of school work.
I don't think I wanna stay here... Hello poly.

Here in SR they start with the more boring stuff (subject talks) first, and push all the real fun to the end of next week, as the OGLs and OG tutors say.
I think my group, cetus 4, has the most interesting OGL in the house. His name is Jerome.
He talks damn loudly and was trying to tell us the muah chee story in the hall (other grps were listening as well) but had to stop and tell us at a later time during the break cos' there wasn't enough time.

My group is quite ok la.. got a number of jokers, aka the guys...
We played whacko and the blanket game yesterday where I was the last surviving member. Also played some longest line as suggested by D Sen. Unique name, yeah. Got video of them doing forfeit =D
We're quite united, today we went to the toilet as a GROUP. HAHAH.

There was an attire check yesterday.. I wore my altered pinafore which is like at the knee, in PL sure get caught for proportion. My hair's over the first pinafore line but don't need to plait =P
I passed the attire check! In PL sure fail.
Needless to say, many guys got issued with warning letters for their hair.
lol damn cool.

There's college/mass dance tomorrow, and the instruction given was to wear PE attire.
But PL's PE attire isn't exactly pleasing to the eye, you know.
Some SR PL lites were then debating over what to wear -- House T-shirt, PL-lite shirt.

valerie says:
heyy
valerie says:
wear PE shirt
joyce house shirt or PE shirt?? says:
haha why leh
valerie says:
cause can air armpits
joyce house shirt or PE shirt?? says:
-___-


then we continued to talk

valerie says:
hey babe
valerie says:
i gtg now
valerie says:
see ya
valerie says:
byyyyyyyyeeeee
valerie says:
tell me ur air armpit experience tmr
valerie says:
BYE!

WTH Val -.- if that's the case then maybe I shouldn't wear PE shirt cos'... think of the smell man.
Solution: empty my deodorant. Wait actually not that bad la.

I chose guzheng as my CCA leh. Couldn't decide between band or choir or guzheng.
Performing Arts is definitely for me! I like it.

With no pure science and add maths background, I can only take H1 maths and one H2 science.
H2 lit is crazy.. offered only to the arts stream. I thought of going over to arts but decided to remain in the science stream. Prerequisites for H2 lit? Pass in pure lit or B4 in elec lit!!! I had a 5. Anyway I won't want to study SIX lit texts. A Macbeth is enough to kill.
I barely met the requirements for H2 geog (C6) and bio (B4) and chem (B4).
So my first subject combi choice is H2 Econs, Geog, Bio, H1 Maths.
2nd choice is the same as the first except that bio is changed to chem.
3rd choice is the same as the first except that geog is changed to history.
Yes, history, even though we have no history background in PL. No choice la, I can't qualify for other combinations!

Ok. Worship team has 4 new singers now.
I dunno how I'm feeling about it.
Hmmmm.....

No comments: