Monday, January 28, 2008

skipped class outing

(photos in this post were taken with a Nokia N73)

First up, HAPPY 17th BIRTHDAY CHELSIE! You're joining the post-OLM!
And, HAPPY 17thBIRTHDAY ANDREW! I hope you've stopped calling me you-know-what.
And, HAPPY 17th, D SEN! Haha but he won't see this.
Also, HAPPY BELATED 19th, MELVIN (SOO)! I only just got to know you.

I gave class outing a skip for the following reasons:

1. I had already agreed to go for YJC's carnival with the OLM girls to support Hilary. I couldn't go back on my word.
We reached just in time to catch her singing with the choir.
2. Not many people could make it.

3. I didn't want to miss Youth Ablaze. I mean, duh. God blessed me with good results, the least I could do was turn up in church. XY, Fio and I rushed down in a cab from Bishan. Haha.
Worship was different, somehow... It was a mixture of emotions and tears. Yeah, tears again. This time from being thankful. I felt that Melvin (Goh) picked the right songs for worship because they really expressed how I felt.
"Give thanks to the Lord, our God and King. His love endures forever... ... Forever God is faithful" This was just one of them.
Something made me put in extra money into the offering bag that day, and I put five times the amount I usually give for tithes. (which was a blessing in disguise, because later for reunion dinner my grandfather gave me money.. five times the amount i dropped into the bag)


Yeo Mei was telling me that I don't have to worry about not fitting into ACJC (something along that line).. when I remembered how I used to dream of getting into that college. But after the preliminary exams, I started to get discouraged. I mean, 20 points, and I want to go to AC? Impossible. I didn't think I could get below 12 points. I was set on entering a poly to do accountancy.. or even staying in SRJC, after enjoying my first week there. I was sure that that was the route I wanted to take. The poly route.

Then the results came out. I got the shock of my life. Ok not of my life but you get it.
I was dazzled by the many options given, everything was (and still is, actually) a blur. Anyway, to cut the long story short, I feel that God has given me the green light into ACJC because He has made what seemed impossible, possible. I kept saying that I'd try AC if I got 12 points and below. Well, He gave me more than what I expected. His calling to put the college as my first choice, perhaps.

The night before the release of the O level results, I dreamed that I got 13.5 points. Strange, but that was printed in the MOE letter. What's up with the point five?
Turned out that 13.4 was the school's average L1B5, language 1 best 5. Maybe God was telling me not to worry so much about the results because everyone did well, me included. It was a reminder to trust Him, as I was determined to do since the middle of O's. If I had trusted Him wholeheartedly, I wouldn't have cried so much.

I can be the next fortune teller. Haha, I'm kidding.

No comments: