Friday, March 07, 2008

Outram Park MRT

Mas Selamat has been on the loose for eight days, and till this day there is still no news of him, no sightings whatsoever. I think. This feels as if we're part of a novel of some sort. E.g. JKR's Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban where Sirius Black, having escaped from Azkaban (wizard prison), had his face on posters stuck all over the wizarding world.

Do we question the capability of our police force in the island-wide manhunt?
hmmm...


Yesterday after my econs make up lecture, I took the MRT home. The usual route from Buona Vista to Outram Park to Kovan. But no, when the train was approaching Outram Park station, there was an announcement in the train advising commuters going to the NEL to take the Raffles Place-Dhoby Ghaut route instead of getting down at Outram Park. Everyone's facial expressions were either blank or had the classic Singaporean wah-what-happened-ah look. I didn't know whether to go ahead and get down at Outram Park. The train door opened at that station, and an announcement was heard from that station saying the same thing, that there was "an incident" at the station.

So ok, me being a 奉公守法的新加坡公民,did as advised. The crowd at Dhoby Ghaut was almost double its usual crowd. I should have just alighted at Outram Park instead. Why?

The "incident" was reported in the papers today, it made it to the front page of ST and TNP.
I might have caught a glimpse of the whole saga, I don't think the Outram Park station at the NEL side was closed at all, since it was reported in the papers that services functioned as per normal. Except that the body was being cornered off. Yea, typical Singaporean. The busybody.

Well it was rather interesting.. it's my first time being part of a train diversion! Sort of a diversion of route to Pungol/Harbour Front. Imagine, maybe I didn't have econs lecture yesterday, or if the lecture ended early... I may have witnessed the whole shooting... and get traumatized by it -.-

No comments: