Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Piano exam

I miss my friends in SRJC!! Nowadays I'm just making random friends here and there... like, friend's friend's friend, and this J1 girl I met in the train one morning.. you get the picture. I haven't exactly found real friends to 'stick' to. Yes, I still feel like a newbie in AC. Still trying to settle down and adjust to the new environment. Still feeling
very
much

alone
there.


We got into our new classes yesterday, and my class looks like.. no comments... lest someone sees this and I get bashed up (then Germayne's would be right. NO WAY am I gonna let that happen).

I thank the OLM-ers and BFC-ers and some sec 4'07 handbellers for their support, expressed through MSN, SMS, friendster and the tagboard. =D

I prayed fervently, and my heart was racing prior to the examination. There was anxiousness in my voice as I greeted the Caucasian examiner.
Shit, just calm down la... and trust God as you always tell yourself.. Talking to myself in my head, yeah.
The examiner let me warm up my fingers at the piano, so I played a very distorted D major scale. Haha, thank God it was only a trial. She proceeded to test me on my scales and arpeggios, the first one being C major legato, hands together in similar motion. I thought, wow, I must be lucky. Scales were mostly alright except for the chromatic in thirds for left hand where I got my fingerings wrong, and a diminished scale (I played dominant 7th wtc (c = crap)).
Then of course there were the common slipping of keys, hitting the wrong keys, aiming wrongly at wide leaps of the pieces especially for The Puppet's Dance. I totally flipped as I played the wrong notes and expressions.
I think the sight-singing was the best part of the whole exam.
The last part of the aural component was the crappiest I think...

Anyway, it's OVER, that's three-quarters of a load off my back. I still have another quarter...

Should I go ahead and join that CCA???
What am I supposed to do? Now I feel as if I'm the one hiding in the shell, as I used to describe some of my previous classmates from 1S26...

No comments: