Monday, March 24, 2008

The Unwanted Guest

My tolerance level is running low at the moment... Realise that it has been running at this level ever since June last year, just before the Japan trip, to be exact.

When my mum told me the news that she was going to stay in the house with us, with my family, I was like... what the hell, seriously?

The rhetorical question remains unanswered today.

I occasionally 'let slip' my unhappiness although I try not to. I pretend that she's a part of the wall, that she ceases to exist. Trust me, it's no easy feat.

I've lost respect for her long ago, so much that I no longer see her as part of my extended family. My dad doesn't want her in the house either, but it's my mum's decision, so there's nothing much he can do. It doesn't help that my mum is taking sides when matters get blown up and I am being accused of doing something which I obviously didn't do. Getting accused in my face, being shouted at... and I yell back to prove my innocence. It got out of hand very recently.

Repeat rhetorical question above.

That was the extreme. I don't remember blogging about her existence before. I've had shouting matches with her but she always wins them, being older and having my mom's support. I may sound childish but that's how it's like now. I do know that I am partly responsible for the whole saga but hey, I do not like to seek trouble deliberately so I'm telling you now that I did not spark off the fire. I pretend she's invisible, I persevered. But my tolerance has been overestimated.

Imagine you having to judge statements from a forty-something-year-old and a sixteen-year-old. The probability of the former getting charged is almost zero. This varies from case to case, but put the current situation in and you will get the result as described.

It's a really complicated process, and only few know about it. Even so, their knowledge of this issue is limited. They see only the 'membrane'.

Biblegateway.com's verse of the day states:
Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.
James 1:12
And I wonder how long this trail is going to last.

No comments: