Sunday, February 22, 2009

Fusion 2009

Yesterday was Saturday..

There was bio SPA early in the morning =( I think my skill D was quite screwed up. But skill C was okay? I rather not comment on it cos things do not always end up as expected.

Then SPA ended at around 9.15am and PeiYan XuanHan ShuQiao Nigel Janet Amanda and myself went for CO. Long day manzzz.

Yesterday's practice was more tiring than usual, with the sudden influx of inexperienced J1s into xianyue. Those who couldn't decide on which instrument they wanted to learn/play were shipped to xianyue simply because we were short of people. But the fact remains that we CANNOT let all of them go for SYF (even though the teachers think otherwise) if they do not learn fast enough and stuff.. as discussed by some of us J2s after practice. It's not easy because both the juniors and seniors will have to put in a lot more effort into learning and teaching respectively. And with all the endless weekly tests and assignments... hoho. I hate to say this but, GG.

That's for xianyue at least.

Guess it'll be harder for Janet as SL...
I told her that she can abandon the score manager role for now and leave them to Serene and I.. if that helps, in any way, to ease her burden.

After CO, went for Fusion with Michael Irvin and Lukas. It was hot, loud and crowded, I think it's because Planetshakers was there. Mike drank most of my water (he emptied my bottle and I emptied Irvin's -.-). Lukas stuffed tissue into his ears as earplugs. But a unique experience nevertheless. Brought home something new from the conference, something the pastor talked about.

If our God is so big, so imeasurable, and yet He lives in us, shouldn't he be exploding out of us? Shouldn't everyone else be able to see God in us?

That got me thinking. I say I'm a Christian but am I living or acting like one?
The pastor touched briefly on evangelism as well (linked to CF's topic on Friday) and a bit of Psalm 23, which I think was read this morning before worship. It's quite freaky, the way things keep repeating itself through independent events (hahah probability topic in math) like God's trying to send a strong messsage across to me.

I thought Fusion would be totally unheard of in LSBC cos this youth conference is like, for the methodist churches.. But then I saw Sarah (Tan) there. Lol.

So that's that. End of another week.

No comments: