Wednesday, February 25, 2009

AC X-Country '09 / runAC

Today's cross-country was remarkable. One of a kind. Here's my account.

*cough*

Sheena, Claire, Beetsma, Matthew, Amelia, myself took a train down to Bishan MRT.
Headed to J8's Pasta Mania for lunch (: Yummy, and filling too.

Like many other students, we (blindly) took the buses opposite J8 which (supposedly) passes Bishan Park.
Due to the lack of prior research, we either took the wrong bus, or dropped off at the wrong stop. Hmmm, sounds like both. It's not the Bishan Park stop dammit, it's the blk 246/ opposite blk 246 stop.
The result? Everyone having to walk >1km just to get to the tents where the rest of the school population was gathered -.-

The competitive runners set off first, followed by the teachers, and the mass runners.. also known as the rest.
By that time, grey clouds had started to gather, but we went ahead anyway.
Some of us were already set on walking the whole 3.3km. Walk, not jog.
But the weather destroyed our plans.
Not even halfway through the route, it started to drizzle, and the rain gradually got heavier.
People were running across the grass patches, heading for shelter.
Running for our dear lives. As I ran with the crowd, I turned back, and boy it looked like the clouds (or rain, rather) were shepherding everyone towards the tent area.
Seriously, I've never seen anything like this before. Not in real life.

So those who did not manage to make it back sought shelter at those pavilion thingys.
Which wasn't exactly effective since it was quite packed and people still got wet.
Some phones went berserk. I managed to keep mine dry under my shirt though most of my shirt was wet, like everyone else's.

In short, ALL mass runners got soaked from head to toe. I bet the guys had a good time.
Most of us were wearing white shirts. Ugh.
And my bag looked like it was rescued from a river. My handwritten notes are still wet. My maths TYS is a goner. Ink all smudged, paper all stuck together, wet and impossible to separate. My graphic calculator - thank God - is working fine.
My notes in my file - thank God again - are all nice and dry. Though the file's full of scratches now.

I took 25 back to church from AMK, then walked home from there.
It wasn't very pleasant, mind you, it was FREEZING.

No comments: