Thursday, February 05, 2009

Rojak Day

Today was one heck of a roller coaster. A series of unfortunate events again, this time neutralised by the cca exhibition.

I was late for school because the LTA (is it?) had one lane along Adam/Lornie Road closed because of road works. Traffic moved at a snail's pace. zzz. Apparently there were other students affected by that jam too so we didn't have to go for DC. Yay. :)

Despite having wore my longest skirt today - the longest out of the three I owned - I was asked to go to the toilet to pull it lower because it was more than 2cm above my knee cap. yeah like what, 3cm??? -.- This was in the presence of many other latecomers. I tried to wear an unreadable expression on my face. I really can't see a problem with that skirt, which was lengthened like last week. :(

A can of Nescafe and a slice of jam-filled bread - that's all I had from 7.50am to 7pm. Almost twelve hours. Nope, no lunch. Didn't have time :(

I had lectures and tutorials from 9.10am to 12.50pm, afterwhich it was the moving of stuff to the badminton hall and the setting up of the exhibition booth. So from 12.50pm all the way till 5.30pm I was on the move (with FuEn PeiYan and Irvin) trying to get J1s to sign up and join us. It was a lot of talking and smiling and nodding, I've never pushed myself so hard before. Tiring to the max. I never sat down for more than 5 minutes, and I'm not exaggerating.

At least all that sweat and saliva was worth it because of the response from today's CCA exhibition. Yay. :) A job well done.

Whilst all that was happening, things did not look too good back at LT4. :(
Well, what can I say?
I don't want to blow it up further by giving my detailed opinion(s) here. There's always the risk of someone discovering this blog and reading about it (may change their perspective of things) though I never give my url to cca mates and made sure this blog doesn't appear in search results.

My heartfelt congratulations to those whose appeals are successful.
For the others, I regret to hear the news... It's not within our sphere of influence, we couldn't play a part in deciding who stays or goes. Apparently the immediate concerns had to be resolved first.

Then it was the hour-long journey home where I had to be on my feet and carrying a heavy bag and laptop. :(

Amazing, how God gave me the strength I needed to survive the day with just bread and coffee.

No comments: