Monday, May 26, 2008

Reflections

Funny..
How at times we only turn to God when we get desperate.
How we say "hold on" and "wait" all the time when He calls us ever so gently, when all He wants is a little bit of our time.
How we want our requests to be processed immediately when we ourselves do not even give the King what He rightfully deserves.

No, not "we". It's "I", it's "me".
I am determined not to turn out as described.

I express myself through songs a lot. Maybe that's why I fell I belong to the worship team though I've already stepped down... Anyway for Youth Ablaze yesterday I kinda sung this song to the Lord, silently, in my heart. It was the first song that came to mind in response to the service. (the service which coincidentally featured Pastor Glenn yet again with the same stories and verses used when preaching in our chapel)

All that I am
All that I have
I lay them down before You, O Lord
All my regrets
All my acclaim
The joy and the pain
I'm making them Yours

Lord I offer my life to You
Everything I've been through
Use it for Your glory
Lord, I offer my days to You
Lifting my praise to You
As a pleasing sacrifice
Lord I offer You my life

Things in the past
Things yet unseen
Wishes and dreams that are yet to come true
All of my hopes
All of my plans
My heart and my hands are lifted to You


My mum wanted to go for some Popular sale at Expo today.. So my whole family went there and wow it was like no other. Typical Singaporean, getting so excited over a sale -.- There was food expo just next door and a Robinson's sale not very far away. But darn it, due to time constraints, we were not able to roam to the other halls =( I feel like going back there again to get the $12.90 earphones (buy one get one free. I lost my Creative ones) and the 4GB Imation thumbdrive (though only 1000 sets available) and more stationery to facilitate my studying!!

All I need is money. Haha. By the way, the cup corn there rocks.


Tell me about it. Tell me why. Tell me why I miss you so much. (I think the reason is obvious... without you, my dear charger, I wont be able to charge my camera battery and I cant camwhore!! Ok, I'm kidding, I am. It's not a just black electrical appliance I'm missing.)

No comments: