Sunday, April 16, 2006

remembering our Lord

you know...
I've said this before..
a million times...
but I'll say it again.
I love you.

why?
cos' you're My child.
simple as that.
I had loved you, even before you were a baby.
look at the stars.
go on, look.
see how they sparkle?
see how they shine?
do you know why I put them there?
just for you.
just to show you, how beautiful you are to Me.

tomorrow morning,
the sun will rise again.
as usual, as it does every morning.
no one ever doubts that it will rise.
but do you know?
that My love for you,
is more certain than that?
therefore, no one should ever doubt,
that I love them eternally.

ahh... I saw that.
I saw what you did.
just when you thought no one was looking,I noticed.
but no, don't go against yourself now.
listen to what I have to say.
do you know what happened 2 milleniums before?
it was when I sent My own, My very own Son...
sent Him down with the sole purpose of dying.
the sole purpose, of shedding His blood.
for as He died, you My child, took His place on
the throne.

He was beaten, beyond recognition.
He was striped, til His flesh was exposed.
He was cursed, cursed to the depths of mankind.
He was shown disrespect, where even criminals hated Him.
but why? why would a perfect Being like Himself do that?
just for you.
as He hung there,
as He bled, as He suffered...
He could only think of one thing.
all He saw was one thing.
He could only see your face.
thinking of you, it made Him go on.
He wanted to save you.
He knew, that if He didn't go through with it,
you'd be the one on the cross..
and He loves you so so much...
so much that He'd rather take it on Himself.
He is My son.
My own beloved.
Jesus Christ.

and so when He died,
something great happened.
My son left His throne,
vacated it.
now a new occupant sits on this throne.
you.
while 3 days later,
your Saviour, my Son,
returned home.
this time,
He is honored beyond anyone,
He is given a new throne, by My right-hand.
and you?
you are given dominion over all things I created.
as long as it is something I had created,
its yours to control.
that's the position my Son's death has given you.
and now,
know that you can never be in sin.
cos' whenever I look at you, I can only see all the good things.
I love you my child.

-God

credits to Timothy.
Once again, we are reminded of how our Lord had suffered and died. For us. Imagine, someone as honourable as Jesus, sacrificing His life so that we can be forgiven? God could have used any other person, you or me. No. For God so loved the world, that he gave His one and only begotten son, that whoever believes in Him, shall not perish, but have eternal life. -John 3:16 Something as simple as believing in Him, giving Him your all... could get you into heaven.

Think about it. Who else on earth would willingly (note: not reluctantly) die so that you could live?

We don't reflect on Jesus' death only on Good Friday. In fact we do it everyday. His love is worth so much, only those who believe in Him will not perish, but have eternal life.
(Read Aunty Kate's testimonies and you'll find them full of meaning.)

The choice is yours. Accept God's love, or reject it.

No comments: