Saturday, September 30, 2006

can't take my mind off you

I look back at my life so far...
How many times have I added fuel to the fire?
Countless.
So many that I can't even remember one incident.
I was foolish and revengeful.
My actions were a total disgrace to the Christian community.
Perhaps I've made them think, "How come Christians are like that wan".
Instead of handling these pissable situations alone, why didn't I submit it to God and ask Him to make me meek, slow to anger like He is?
Hatred is something the devil loves to see in us.
Don't give in to him, though it's so much easier.
Jesus was tortured and killed by the people He loved, yet He asked God to forgive them.
He went through much more than we did.
I shouldn't bother the people bitching behind my back...
What can be worse than Jesus' sufferings?

During ministry after the service, the worship team played and sang this song, and one line really struck me.
"... You hold my life in Your hand."
Yes, excatly, our lives are in God's hands.
He could crush it whenever He wants to.
We are so impure, so small, so full of sins.
The very fact that we are still here talking and laughing like it's a normal thing reflects God's love and mercy.
Otherwise... we would be somewhere in hell now.

If only spreading God's love was as easy as them spreading that...
That which makes me wanna ask,
"What is the world coming to?"
The devil is constantly pulling souls away from the Lord.
Before I even think of mission trips, first think about the people around me, those I know.

Ok that was some things I thought about today.
Don't wanna drift further away from God, but closer to Him.

Studied in chuch with some church friends today, not very productive.
Forgot lots of bio stuff.
POA drove me nuts for the 2nd or 3rd time. haha.
The 5 year series questions are damn challenging la.

Then service, which led me thinking of current issues.
Should have taken a photo of Joshua and the pringles!
It was downright hilarious! haha.
When will Ivan and Andrew will stop 'fighting'? lols.
And my 'worksheet'... kena vandalised.
Like what am I supposed to do with it now??

Went for dinner with Jacelyn and we did alot of catching up.
Never talk to her for like soooooooo long about some things.
That was a good one.
'bout the past...
"Memories they are, memories they shall remain."
(Tim's line)
Well that's last time.
You will not backslide as long as you walk closely with God.
(And hey, there's nothing on between him and me ok!)

And I met up with Charmaine (Seow) who's currently obsessed with, er, something I'd rather not say.
Influenced by the media!
She came over to my house and kinda did the 24-365 thing with me by worshiping God.
She on the piano and I, guitar.
I plan to pray the actual thing later =)
15 minutes is too short!

BF, any of you want to study in church during the week?

Pris and Tim I wanna go for B&J's next next week!

No comments: