Saturday, August 19, 2006

wish you were there

I didn't continue the previous post..
let this picture talk on my behalf















It was free of charge =D shared with my sis.

About the jam...
go to Priscilla's blog to read la.
haha..

I took over Grace (Quek) for backup duty today...
other singers were Stefanie and Sarah (Tan)
Most challenging part was to harmonise the new song.
Which I only heard this morning.
Same thing, they kept commenting about my harmonising...
whatever la. haha..
I taught Sarah the harmony/parts...
Sarah, say cannot do it, just because she struggled to remember the tune.
And I kept telling her can can can, replaced the 'cannot' in her with 'can'.
And she did it! W00t feel so happy for her.
(I teach one mah. lol)
We actually screwed abit during the actual worship..
Could see from the corner of my eye that she had the "oh no i made a mistake" face.
And I tried to tell her to just go on and continue to worship. Which was hard la, how to talk on stage.

JACELYN APPEARED TODAY,IN CHURCH AFTER 2 YEARS!
She was one of my best church friends in P6...
Then she backslided and stopped coming.
We never gave up on her, we continued to pray...
Then she came. I hope she continues to come for Youth...
Cos' currently, the guys: girls ratio is 7:2 in my cell.
If she comes, we'll have one more girl! haha.

Topic was on BGR.
Boy-girl relationship.
They don't want us to date until we're above 16..
The rest, it's mainly guidelines for my church youths.

Cell wanted to burst out the birthday song after service...
but! I siam-ed for worship debrief so they didn't sing! hahaha.
Debrief...
"Singers sang well, the harmony was very nice."
Wahaha Sarah and I almost fainted.
Our mistakes (to us) were so obvious they still say nice! lol.

Went for dinner with my cell girls + Wan Hui + Joan + Joe..
The usual place.
Joe treat me to bak chor mee, mai hiam, mai turkwa..
Everyone went to get their food so I sat there to look after their stuff.
And they came back with a slice of cake, with a candle on top!
(brought the cake home)















Still not enough, they started singing!
Damn malu can...
I rather they sing it in church than in the coffee shop...
Another 2 tables, the church youths, joined in...
Eugene, Elizabeth, Vennie, Joanne, Joel, Larissa, Kah Wan, Alfred, can't remember the rest..
and everyone else was looking! ahhahah
Got the shock of the day, but they made me really happy!
THANKS GUYS =)
















We went back to church for the memorial service.
People come and go, just like the monsoon season.
Zachary's mother, Auntie Joyce, who's the wife of the church elder Uncle Peter,
passed away very recently.
Due to cancer.
Before going for kimo, she was the principal of Living Sanctuary Kindergarten, my church's kindergarten.
She was a very cheerful woman who trusted God with all her heart and the smile on her face was always glued to her.
She always put others before herself.
Her last words were,
"Thank you Jesus"
Even at her deathbed, her heart was with the Lord.
She was concerned for everyone but herself.
Now she's gone up to heaven...
God has taken yet another soul to His kingdom.
What's happening to our church...
First Auntie Jenni, then Joe's mum who accepted Christ before she left, now Auntie Joyce.
Who's next.
Her family is very affected by her departure, duh.
Ben, Lydia, Matthias, Cynthia, Zachary and Uncle Peter.
I pray that they will stay strong and continue to carry the torch like Auntie Joyce did.
I won't be able to go for the funeral on Monday, it's in the morning and there's school.

Next week is a busy one. And I thought I was very free.
Mon; modular workshop. Tues; Piano lesson. Wed; Dental appointment, 1/2 hr. Thurs; Representing handbells to go to NUS for something. Fri; going for some harpsichord workshop? with o'level music girls. Sat; on duty for backups, prac then cell then service. Sun; Chinese and maths tuition.

Will it ever happen.?
straits or times?

No comments: