Sunday, October 22, 2006

give thanks no matter what

hello!
Actually I don't feel like blogging cos' I've already blogged stuff in my other blog.
Stuff which only God knows.
But I will still do it. Hahah.
You are not advised to read cause it's going to be long and the cows will be home by the time you finish.

Went for Priya's party yesterday with lots of barang barang!
So many extra things, the gift for my mortal and the 3 CDs took up so much space in my bag.
Lol. I never thought Indian movies could be so interesting!

Youth Ablaze was okay...
I'll talk about the word later.
Cell time, as usual, fun!
The bob game! Wahahas.
It seems like everyone likes to call my name la! Not just teachers =P

Well the bonding was great, as expected...
Our cell leaders would be glad to know that all their hard work and planning paid off.
The ice-breakers was a time for us to break the ice, though I don't see no ice to break!
It has already been broken! Lol, lame.

Then of course the bonding itself..
It was a time for us to share how we felt about ourselves and the cell, and everyone thought we are definitely united as one =)
(more of that later)
We wrote about the qualities of each and every one present last night, and notes of encouragement.
The first few I wrote for were short. Then it got longer.
Nobody said I was quiet you know! What a surprise.
Cos' they used to always ask me to talk more.
Well all except for one, who said I was "soft but loud".
Now what's that supposed to mean??
Anyway... I thank God for the music he put into my life.
Judging from that piece of paper, hmm. Oh wells. =)

Praise and worship... I believe that was the first time we did our own worship as a cell.
Yeah. I was able to worship too, though I was a little distracted at first.
The feeling was indescribable.. when I saw everyone lifting their hands and worshipping God.
I mean I've never observed this cell worshipping before.
My reaction: Wow. We are indeed growing in Christ.

The Blind Mice (no actually it's mouse cos only one mouse is blind) was the most enjoyable!
Hahaha... like everyone's in the dark and avoiding the mouse.
There was alot of banging into one another, pulling and pushing, touching (who is this person arh?), and laughing.
I narrowly escaped being caught. A few times.
So fun to see the guys argue over who got caught and who pushed who =D

Ok now for the more serious part. (*lols)
It's mostly reflection la.

Role in the cell
There was an evaluation, which helped everyone to unlock their strengths and weaknesses.
Personally I think that I need to encourage more people and build friendship with them.
Honestly... I'm only talking alot to some people. They know who they are, (in my opinion, I'm a little closer to them). And the rest are like, never talk as much...
I need to interact more with them, take the initiative and don't wait for them to start opening up. I have some solutions in mind but not sure if it will work. But yes I am determined to try my best.
Somehow, I just have this feeling I'm not caring enough for them. It starts small within my own cell group, then to other friends and finally to the less fortunate, the people in Aceh for example.

Confession
I couldn't believe I spilled out how I felt earlier this year.
I was reluctant to go for Youth. The main reason: there were only 2 girls. And others had their own group of friends whom they were always with. Cell was just a come and go thing, nothing more than that.
I was even more unwilling when the band was formed. Being with the band members was something more than going to church. How very foolish of me. I've since realised my mistake and moved on. (nobody knows about this point.)
Also being reminded that we are going to church not just to make friends, but to worship God and do His work above all else.

God-given
I taught Smarties a bit of the guitar last night, while everyone else was split into 2 groups and talking. And also taught Jaeclyn a chord (haha). Then it struck me, why am I doing so much teaching? I just taught Tim on Friday. I was reminded AGAIN, of something I told myself I will do awhile ago. I sort of looked up to this person and am going to follow what he did. You see, God has blessed me with music, and now I believe it is a talent from above. This term's music marks had made me feel like a music idiot, totally off from it. But when I saw the piece of paper (whatever it's called) which the cell wrote about me, it confirmed my doubts, on whether music was an area I wanted to be good in, or really a gift from Him. So besides serving in the worship ministry, I could offer help to those who needed it, those who wanted to know the basic things of whatever I knew. After all, this is something from God and is to be used wisely, for His glory and not my own. I will therefore do my best to help the people I'm currently helping, to spread this God-given gift.

Victors, Not Victims
This is one very important point to take note of, that we are victors because Jesus has paid that price for us. We still feel defeated because the devil is constantly attacking our weaknesses and he does whatever he can to bring us down and away from God.

This morning's QT I read through yesterday's sermon notes and I can't remember how I got to the topic of forgiveness. It never occured to me that there were people I disliked for (not going to mention it here) and it was extremely hard for me to forgive them. The Lord's prayer includes this line, sth like asking God to forgive us as we also forgive those who trespass against us. This kinda stirred me, if I confessed and was willing to repent but wasn't ready to forgive them, God will not forgive me too. It is hard to move on, forgive and forget that incident but I am still trying. Which leads me to the next point.

Evangelism
I thought of this during QT too. And Elder Stephen Choy covered this topic this morning during the sermon. Time is short, the days are evil. What's more, our purpose as Christians includes bringing people to Christ. I thought of myself. I haven't been doing that. I wanted to do, but something keeps telling me that it's ok, there's no hurry. Oh shoo off with that. There is no time. But. I couldn't preach like that, not when I still harboured unforgiveness. How to minister to others when I dont even have what is required, to love and forgive? I told myself to surrender all to Him all over again, and I am going to walk with God every day of my life, to fulfill what He wants.

Ok I think that's all...
No, wait there's more but I just cannot recall what it is.
Yeah I am a person who thinks alot but doesn't voice it out.
Haha. No wonder I got the cell's Miss Behind-The-Scenes award.

No comments: